A beloved swim coach with the New Richmond Exempted Village School District died Friday in a mowing accident at his Clermont County home.
Authorities said 63-year-old Joe Middeler was using a riding mower on his lawn in the 1800 block of US 52 in Moscow at about 6:30 p.m. when it rolled over an embankment and ended up on top of him.
The sheriff’s office described Middeler’s mower as a SCAG Tiger Cub Commercial Zero Turn riding mower.
Middeler’s wife, who was not home at the time, later found him at the bottom of the embankment and called 911, deputies said.
The Clermont County Coroner ruled his death an accident.
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre