A group of almost 50 friends will swim in 17 counties across Ireland over 38 hours to raise money for their friend who is in a coma after a tragic accident.
Pádraig Schaler is a hugely popular 23-year-old who is currently in Germany receiving rehabilitative neurological care after being knocked from his bike and injured in Cape Cod last summer.
In testament to his popularity, his friends have organised Swim for Pádraig, a fundraising swim on his behalf.
They have already raised €22,500, which will go towards the treatment of the talented Dublin swimmer and passionate Gaeilgeoir.
The swimmers will travel around Ireland over 38 hours from today to tomorrow (12 – 13 April), brazing freezing waters to swim in every county with a coast.
- The Invisible Threat Orcas Face In Norway
- Olympians Who Are “One In A Thousand”
- Caeleb Dressel | Dive and Glide Challenge | Propulsion Swimming
- Improve your Breaststroke Technique feat. Breeja Larson | Olympians’ Tips
- Florent Manaudou’s World Record at Doha 2014 | FINA World Championships
- How Ginger Huber won her Silver Medal at Barcelona 2013 | Technical Talks
- Disaster declaration after brain-eating amoeba found in water l GMA
- Texas child dies from brain-eating amoeba, water testing underway