Swimming is a vital skill that can help prevent drowning. But not everyone has the chance to learn to swim, and it’s those most at risk who miss out.
The YMCA Swimathon 2014 is a fundraising event being held on 2 March. The event encourages people of all ages and abilities to swim laps and fundraiser to help give people in our community the chance to learn to swim.
By donating to the YMCA you can help provide swimming lessons for disadvantaged children. With your help, last year we raised money so over 5,000 kids didn’t miss out on vital swimming lessons.
YMCA has been helping young people be more active for over 160 years. Each year we teach over 52,000 children water safety skills they will have for life.
- Swimmer found unresponsive, pronounced dead at Magic Island
- ‘Coach Rich’ vows to rebuild aquatic center after Hurricane Sally destroyed it
- Farmington uses dogs, families as cardboard cutout fans for swim meets
- Video shows huge alligator swimming in storm surge after Hurricane Sally hit
- Ryan Lochte’s first individual Olympic gold medal goes missing
- Jacob Templeton Paralympian Swimmer
- International Swimming Conference 2020: 100% online and free
- Sink Or Swim? Asia’s Sinking Villages Engulfed By Rising Seas | The Longest Day | Climate Change