Swimming is a vital skill that can help prevent drowning. But not everyone has the chance to learn to swim, and it’s those most at risk who miss out.
The YMCA Swimathon 2014 is a fundraising event being held on 2 March. The event encourages people of all ages and abilities to swim laps and fundraiser to help give people in our community the chance to learn to swim.
By donating to the YMCA you can help provide swimming lessons for disadvantaged children. With your help, last year we raised money so over 5,000 kids didn’t miss out on vital swimming lessons.
YMCA has been helping young people be more active for over 160 years. Each year we teach over 52,000 children water safety skills they will have for life.
- The world’s deepest diving pool in Poland – BBC News
- Measuring marathon swim route distance: Danube River example
- Most magic tricks underwater – Guinness World Records
- Para Swimmers Share Their Story of Inclusion and Success Through the Help of Their Coaches
- Swim Australia Swim Safer Week with Ambassador Jade
- ISL 2020 Review | This Is The Future Of Swimming | Propulsion Swimming
- Winter Swimming – Key Things You Need to Know About the Joys of Cold Water Swims
- How We Got To The Deepest Part Of The Ocean – Guinness World Records