In the record books, Georgia swimming and diving coach Jack Bauerle won his 500th and 501st career victories in a dual men’s and women’s meet against N.C. State at UGA’s Gabrielson Natatorium this past Saturday. But Bauerle actually was not in attendance. Neither was his top male swimmer.
An academic eligibility issue has left both Bauerle and sophomore Chase Kalisz under suspension. The pair was indefinitely sidelined by UGA until the athletic association’s compliance department can complete a review of events that took place after Kalisz’s academic eligibility came into question sometime after the fall semester ended last month.
Georgia is staying very tight-lipped about the situation, and so is Bauerle.
“I can’t say anything at this time,” Bauerle said on Sunday. “Hopefully things will get ironed out.”
- Get Hyped for Girls’ Swimming
- Meet Elena Krawzow, German swimming star and first Paralympic athlete on Playboy cover *EXPLICIT*
- Ullswater – 6-hour English Channel Qualifying Swim 2020
- Swimming in Waves | Open Water Wild Swimming in Scotland
- Black bear goes for a swim in Flathead Lake
- Unlikely Olympian ‘Eric the Eel’ reflects on his fame 20 years on | AFP
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Katie McLaughlin
- Migrants jump overboard from NGO vessel to swim to Sicily coast