The 26-year-old distance freestyler lives in Whenuapai, having returned after flourishing in swimming and business studies at the University of California. She was looking forward to her holiday break – all three days of it – when the Herald caught up with her at the North Shore’s Millennium Institute. Apart from that, it is full steam ahead, with her major targets the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and Pan Pacific Games on the Gold Coast next year.
Can you sum up your year? Fantastic. I’ve had more exposure to different coaches and environments. People know the coaching changes in NZ swimming and there have been major adjustments. I’m proud to have achieved what I did in tough circumstances. A few magazines and articles called the 1500m race at Barcelona the best of the year because the girls who finished one and two were under the previous world record and I was only 2s away.
- Para Swimmers Share Their Story of Inclusion and Success Through the Help of Their Coaches
- Swim Australia Swim Safer Week with Ambassador Jade
- ISL 2020 Review | This Is The Future Of Swimming | Propulsion Swimming
- Winter Swimming – Key Things You Need to Know About the Joys of Cold Water Swims
- How We Got To The Deepest Part Of The Ocean – Guinness World Records
- Anna Bader’s INCREDIBLE 20m Final Performance at #FINABarcelona2013 | High Diving
- Diving Insights – with Jamaica’s Yona Knight-Wisdom | Technical Talks
- Adam Peaty & Kira Toussaint on their new Short Course World Records