With temperatures around to around 3C (37.4F), more than 250 swimmers stripped down to brave the freezing pool.
The water registered at 6.5C (43.7F), surprising colder than last year’s 7C (44.6F) considering the clear skies and sunny weather.
Famous names took to the pool, including Gloucester Rugby’s Dan Murphy and Cheltenham mayor Wendy Flynn.
The mayor was raising money for three charities, including Hester’s Way Neighbourhood Project, Victim Support and Cheltenham Animal Shelter.
She said: “It’s freezing, I don’t think I will be doing that again next year.
- Canterbury Year 12 students visit the almost completed Aquatic and Tennis Centre
- Brent Hayden Open Water Swimming With FORM Goggles and Live Heart Rate
- Lab Series Introduces New Rescue Water Series With Calvyn Justus
- Are you up for the #SwimAgain Challenge? | Swimming Canada
- ‘Sunrise Swiming’ at Bray Lake
- Simon Popelka | Recruiting Swimming | ASM Scholarships
- How to Swim Faster Butterfly | MySwimPro
- The burden of weight | Artistic swimmer Debbie Soh | Toughest Part of Sport