As for her son, Michael Phelps recently announced he has resumed training at the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, but Phelps has not said if he wants to compete at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Brazil.
“Where that leads him, I don’t know, I’m hoping it leads to Brazil,” Debbie Phelps told WBAL News.
“Michael has a love for his sport, a passion for his sport. I’m supporting him all the way, as his Mom. I’m not a helicopter Mom, but I’ll always be there with all three of my children, and my two grandchildren.”
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre