China’s double Olympic champion Sun Yang has been suspended from all competition and training, announced the Chinese Swimming Administrative Center (CSAC) on Wednesday.
Sun was “suspended from all the competitions at home and abroad; suspended from the training of the national swimming team; and suspended from all the social and commercial activities involving the national team”, the CSAC said in the statement.
The CSAC also said they “fully supported” Hangzhou police department’s decision to give him a seven-day detention for driving without a license in Hangzhou, the capital of Zhejiang Province.
- Tom Daley vs. Chen Aisen | Budapest 2017 | FINA World Championships
- Coronavirus: 2021 Island Games in Guernsey are postponed because of pandemic
- Doing My First Ultra Swim // 8km Ocean Swim // Alwyn Uys Vlogs
- U.S. Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte discusses why the Spire Institute & Academy is the perfect place to train athletes for success
- Chinese elite swimmer goes from the pool to policing
- Epic Irish Swim | Ocean Swimming With GCN’s Conor Dunne
- Netherlands claim New World Record at Rome 2009 | FINA World Championships
- Announcement of Grand Opening Ceremony of Tokyo Aquatics Centre