China’s Olympic gold medallist Sun Yang could face up to 15 days in detention after he was caught driving without a licence yesterday.
Yang was involved in a car accident in Hangzhou on Sunday afternoon when a bus collided with his Porsche Cayenne, which he claimed he had borrowed from a relative.
When asked by Hangzhou officials, the 21-year-old was unable to provide a valid driving licence and consequently faces a fine between 200 (£20/$33/€24) and 2000 yuan (£200/$328/€243) and up to 15 days in detention.
“After looking into the system, we did not find any record of his licence,” said a Hangzhou official.
“Sun admitted he did not have one.”
- Why Indiana recruit Anna Peplowski returned to swim for Metamora after two years
- The Summit: “Women’s Swimming Team Getting Their ‘Feet Wet'”
- Watch Mack Horton And Ian Thorpe Discuss The Future Of Sport
- Tollcross swimmers resurface amid concern for Glasgow Life properties
- How I Avoid Foot And Calf Cramps While Swimming | Effortless Swimming
- Jonathan Paredes’ Bronze Medal Comeback at Gwangju 2019 | FINA World Championships
- Researchers find virus that causes COVID-19 in Lake Superior beach water
- Unbelievable Lilly King Story | Cody Miller Vlogs