Israeli swimmers participating in the FINA Swimming World Cup in Doha, Qatar this week were publicly presented as nation-less competitors both by the announcer and in the live television broadcast.
When the Israelis were announced, they were labeled as coming from the nation of “ISR.” A similar snubbing occurred when the Israelis participated in the 2010 FINA event in Dubai.
During the actual competition, the live television broadcast displayed each competing swimmer’s name next to a graphic of his or her national flag. For all of the Israelis, that graphic was whited out.
- Hip Movement When Swimming Butterfly Stroke | U.S. Masters Swimming
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile