Halsall (British Gas ITC, Loughborough) will be joined by the likes of Jazz Carlin (British Gas ITC, Swansea), Andrew Willis (British Gas ITC, Bath), Hannah Miley (Garioch, Scotland) and Craig McNally (Warrender, Scotland) as part of an 11-strong team.
“This is a team which is focused on athletes that we feel can deliver medals either today or in the near future,” said British Swimming head coach Bill Furniss.
“It continues the strategy we have adopted of smaller, more focused teams and this will continue to be a key philosophy going forward.
“Certain swimmers on the team will go to Denmark off the back of competing at the FINA World Cups and they will conclude the short course season in Glasgow at the Duel in the Pool. This is part of a strategy of racing more often as we want to see our leading swimmers to be competing more regularly.
The GB Team for Herning 2013
- Craig McNally (Warrender)
- Adam Peaty (City of Derby)
- Chris Walker-Hebborn (British Gas ITC Bath)
- Andrew Willis (British Gas ITC Bath)
- Sophie Allen (British Gas ITC Bath)
- Jazmin Carlin (British Gas ITC Swansea)
- Francesca Halsall (British Gas ITC Loughborough)
- Jemma Lowe (British Gas ITC Swansea)
- Siobhan-Marie O’Connor (British Gas ITC Bath)
- Hannah Miley (Garioch)
- Aimee Willmott (Middlesbrough)