Former Australian Olympic gold-medallist swimmer Leisel Jones has revealed that a ‘psychotic pursuit’ of her gold medal came at the cost of her mental health.
Jones is one name in a list of Australia‘s finest sportspersons suffering mentally in the pursuit of success like Ian Thorpe, Petria Thomas, Libby Trickett, Greg Huegill, Ben Tune and many others.
According to Telegraph.com.au, Jones admitted that her entire self-worth was invested in winning in the lead up to the Beijing Games in 2008, adding that she felt that she could not live if she could not be known as an Olympic gold medallist.
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center