A young swimming champion has regained consciousness after nearly drowning at an annual North District swimming competition on Sunday where he had just set a new record.
But he is still partly paralysed, school authorities say. […]
After setting a new record in the competition’s 200-metre breaststroke, winning the 4×50-metre relay and reaching the final of the 50-metre butterfly, Yau leapt into a training pool to warm up for the 100-metre breaststroke and lost consciousness in the water.
He was listed as still being in a critical condition in the intensive care unit last night.
- How to Stay Warm in Freezing Water
- Local MSU swimmer ‘devastated’ by school’s decision to cut the program
- Great Adventures Green Island Ocean Swim 2020
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach