Swimmers have been warned to stay away from a dolphin in County Clare after the animal injured another bather.
The dolphin, known as Dusty by locals, has been involved in four such incidents in the past month in Doolin harbour.
Authorities have repeatedly issued warnings not to swim with the female bottlenose dolphin.
Dusty charged a woman as she left the water on Sunday night with some reports claiming she suffered back injuries.
The Irish Times says the dolphin is believed to have struck the woman in the kidney area with its nose, knocking her over and leaving her winded.
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center