Swimmers have been warned to stay away from a dolphin in County Clare after the animal injured another bather.
The dolphin, known as Dusty by locals, has been involved in four such incidents in the past month in Doolin harbour.
Authorities have repeatedly issued warnings not to swim with the female bottlenose dolphin.
Dusty charged a woman as she left the water on Sunday night with some reports claiming she suffered back injuries.
The Irish Times says the dolphin is believed to have struck the woman in the kidney area with its nose, knocking her over and leaving her winded.
- How The Core Powers Everything | The Swimmer Strength Podcast
- Who Is Britain So Fat? | Good Morning Britain
- Hero Dog Rescues Boy From Drowning in Adelaide’s South
- Bend Polar Plunge benefiting Special Olympics Oregon goes virtual, offers variety
- Water Safety in New Zealand
- Dara Torres Tells Us How to Keep Kids Active This Winter
- Researching the Biomechanics of Paralympic Swimming
- Inside with Brett Hawke: Ky Hurst