Bishan Rajapakse, a 38-year-old doctor from Bondi, was knocked unconscious for 10 seconds when he was struck by a whale, thought to be a southern right, while surfing at Bondi Beach on Sunday morning.
The surfer was taken to St Vincent’s Hospital and is in a satisfactory condition. “It was a near drowning,” said Gordian Fulde, director of the emergency department at St Vincent’s. “But he has no broken bones. He will probably go home tomorrow.”
- Dramatic Rescue: Rescue Swimmers Brave Pounding Surf and Cliffs to Pull Man to Safety in Presidio
- Lars Frolander wins Gold in an incredibly close race at Fukuoka 2001 | FINA World Championships
- Olympic swimmer helping dissident Belarus athletes
- Michigan Swimming and Diving | Getting Better Every Day
- ISL 2020 Highlights: Match 1. Day 1.
- High 5: Skyline High Swimmers Doing Good Deeds To Raise Funds For Swim Team
- Swimming In Syrup Is As Easy As Swimming In Water
- Swimming Around Alcatraz Island | The #AskASwimPro Show