Father electrocuted while swimming in Lake Cumberland


Read WKYT.com

Kevin Short died Sunday in what officials simply describe as a tragic, freak accident. He was swimming with others near Garland Bend on Lake Cumberland when an exposed cord came too close to an aluminum ladder.

“What happened was the cord went in between the ladder and the dock, it had a raw space,” said Donna Gross, Short’s mother-in-law.
Kevin’s 12-year-old son, Kevin, Jr. was actually swimming toward the ladder when his father grabbed it first.

“When he was reaching for the ladder, he pulled his son back by playing, like ‘I’m going to beat you to it,’and so big Kevin grabbed the ladder, that’s when he got electrocuted, so that actually saved little Kevin,” said Gross.

About Author

Production engineer and certified swim coach. Full-time IT consultant, spare-time swimming aficionado. 2 sons, 2 daughters and a wife. President of the Faroe Islands Swimming Association. Likes to run :-)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: