A Edinburgh company director, who enjoyed the sport of extreme swimming, has drowned after getting into difficulties off the coast of south Devon.
Jonathan Joyce, 41, co-founder and technical director at Capital-based Storm ID, was spotted unconscious in the water by a canoeist who took him ashore at Beesands beach, near Salcombe on Saturday.
He was treated by paramedics before being airlifted to hospital, but died a short time later. […]
Mr Joyce was a leading member of the Outdoor Swimming Society and created a “wild swim map”. The society’s website said: “Jonathan is the missing link with our aquatic ape ancestors. Throwing himself into any water deeper than a puddle he spends all his free time looking for new places to swim, in and around Devon.”
- How To Start Open Water Swimming – Tips For Beginners – Wardie Bay Beach
- Tokyo opens 15,000-seat Olympic aquatics centre
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center