Ages and abilities ranged from those taking part for the first time to Swansea swimmer Tom Allen, who won today’s elite men’s race to cheers from the packed crowd.
After storming to victory in a time of 17 minutes and 11 seconds, he told the Gazette: “I’m pleased with my time.
“Over all I’m pleased with the swim. I’ve been out of form for a while so it’s nice. […]
American Christine Jennings, currently ranked fifth in the world, won the elite women’s race this morning, saying the water was “very choppy and cold”.
Organisers said the water temperature was 15.4 Celcius when the first swimmers set off.
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro