Ages and abilities ranged from those taking part for the first time to Swansea swimmer Tom Allen, who won today’s elite men’s race to cheers from the packed crowd.
After storming to victory in a time of 17 minutes and 11 seconds, he told the Gazette: “I’m pleased with my time.
“Over all I’m pleased with the swim. I’ve been out of form for a while so it’s nice. […]
American Christine Jennings, currently ranked fifth in the world, won the elite women’s race this morning, saying the water was “very choppy and cold”.
Organisers said the water temperature was 15.4 Celcius when the first swimmers set off.
- ISL 2020 Highlights: Match 1. Day 1.
- High 5: Skyline High Swimmers Doing Good Deeds To Raise Funds For Swim Team
- Swimming In Syrup Is As Easy As Swimming In Water
- Swimming Around Alcatraz Island | The #AskASwimPro Show
- Xie Siyi – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Youth Hero | American Red Cross Southern California Region
- Grant Hackett’s World Record at Montreal 2005 | Fina World Championships
- Competing with Ian Thorpe and Pieter van den Hoogenband | Inside with Brett Hawke