Michael Patterson, 43, dove headfirst into a creek on Saturday when he noticed 4-year-old Javaeh Jones struggling to stay afloat. The heroic dad hit his head, broke his neck and severed his spinal cord in the process, leaving him paralyzed from the chest down, according to his fundraising page.
The father, whose own son was at the scene, is currently being treated at Emory Hospital, but doesn’t have medical insurance since he had just begun a new contracting job right before the accident, WSBTV reported. His friends and family are looking to generous donors to contribute to his online fund, which collected nearly $8,0000 as of press time.
- ZEISS ZX1 Flow | Christina Jones
- Beloved swim coach in Chandler who died this summer will be honored by district
- Coyote News Swim Team
- Swimming lessons | Sports | Welcome back to University of Nottingham Swim School
- The Great Labour Ward Swim | Southampton Hospitals Charity
- Delaney Schnell – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas