Michael Patterson, 43, dove headfirst into a creek on Saturday when he noticed 4-year-old Javaeh Jones struggling to stay afloat. The heroic dad hit his head, broke his neck and severed his spinal cord in the process, leaving him paralyzed from the chest down, according to his fundraising page.
The father, whose own son was at the scene, is currently being treated at Emory Hospital, but doesn’t have medical insurance since he had just begun a new contracting job right before the accident, WSBTV reported. His friends and family are looking to generous donors to contribute to his online fund, which collected nearly $8,0000 as of press time.
- MSU Swimmers Fight to Save Sport
- Social Media Users Call for Olympian Klete Keller to Lose Medals in Wake of Capitol Attack
- Michael Phelps Strength and Dryland – Analyzing the GOAT | Swimmer Strength
- Why I Am So Fast | Adam Peaty Vlogs
- Are Ice Baths, Ice Showers, Ice Swimming Beneficial? Are they safe? Do they help with recovery?
- I Swim
- Olympic Swimming Medalist Klete Keller Released But Ordered To Stay Away From DC
- Ryan Murphy Backstroke Analysis | Insane Technique | MySwimPro