Olympic legend Michael Phelps has a new gold standard in mind — the World Series of Poker.
The 18-time gold medalist participated in his first World Series of Poker event on Wednesday, clanking chips alongside other high-stakes gamblers at the annual event in Las Vegas. In all, more than $200 million in prize money will be awarded in 62 separate events, Fox5Vegas.com reports.
“I always wanted to come out and play,” Phelps said. “This has been the first year I’ve been able to since I retired. I just came out and I wasn’t going to play to
- Top 10 Water Polo Matches at the Olympics | Top Moments
- Jahir Ocampo – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- Coast Guard rescue swimmer recounts saving 3 sailors
- ILS Reschedules World Conference on Drowning Prevention (WCDP) 2021 to 2023
- Bill Beekman on cutting swimming as a varsity sport
- Michigan State University ending swimming, diving programs
- How I Went From Crappy Swimmer to Swimming 10km
- How To Start Swimming After A Break | Returning To Water After A Layoff | Global Triathlon Network