Olympic legend Michael Phelps has a new gold standard in mind — the World Series of Poker.
The 18-time gold medalist participated in his first World Series of Poker event on Wednesday, clanking chips alongside other high-stakes gamblers at the annual event in Las Vegas. In all, more than $200 million in prize money will be awarded in 62 separate events, Fox5Vegas.com reports.
“I always wanted to come out and play,” Phelps said. “This has been the first year I’ve been able to since I retired. I just came out and I wasn’t going to play to
- Double Amputee Paralympian Gets Accosted by Angry Woman for Parking in Handicap Lane
- Swimmer drowns in Lekeleke Bay on Hawaii Island
- Ukrainians celebrate Epiphany with icy water dips
- Swim Brothers Teaching Multicultural Communities How to Stay Safe in the Surf
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers