A former swim and water polo coach pleaded not guilty Monday to felony charges alleging sex crimes against a teenage girl, according to the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office.
Christopher Yang, 27, of Walnut Creek, was charged in April with nine felonies, including four counts of unlawful sex with a minor. Yang has coached at Northgate High School in Walnut Creek and Campolindo High School in Moraga, but authorities are not saying how he knows the girl.
“This is a regrettable situation for everyone involved, and Mr. Yang accepts responsibility for his lapse in judgment in his brief relationship with the alleged victim,” Yang’s attorney, Marvin Lew, said.
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers
- Post-Olympic Depression | Calvyn Justus
- Eagle Ford is proud to sponsor Tatjana Schoenmaker, Olympic Swimmer
- How to Draft in Open Water Swimming | Kona Endurance
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled