A former swim and water polo coach pleaded not guilty Monday to felony charges alleging sex crimes against a teenage girl, according to the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office.
Christopher Yang, 27, of Walnut Creek, was charged in April with nine felonies, including four counts of unlawful sex with a minor. Yang has coached at Northgate High School in Walnut Creek and Campolindo High School in Moraga, but authorities are not saying how he knows the girl.
“This is a regrettable situation for everyone involved, and Mr. Yang accepts responsibility for his lapse in judgment in his brief relationship with the alleged victim,” Yang’s attorney, Marvin Lew, said.
- Dramatic Rescue: Rescue Swimmers Brave Pounding Surf and Cliffs to Pull Man to Safety in Presidio
- Lars Frolander wins Gold in an incredibly close race at Fukuoka 2001 | FINA World Championships
- Olympic swimmer helping dissident Belarus athletes
- Michigan Swimming and Diving | Getting Better Every Day
- ISL 2020 Highlights: Match 1. Day 1.
- High 5: Skyline High Swimmers Doing Good Deeds To Raise Funds For Swim Team
- Swimming In Syrup Is As Easy As Swimming In Water
- Swimming Around Alcatraz Island | The #AskASwimPro Show