“VISIONARY” is how Candi MacConaugha, International Games Manager of USA Swimming described the big picture approach being taken by the Ministry of Sport and the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago with regard to the George Bovell National Aquatic Centre.
The elite facility is currently under construction at Couva and was among several stops on a whirlwind tour, Thursday, by three officials of USA Swimming.
The team comprised MacConaugha, Frank Busch, National Team Director and Lindsay Mintenko, National Team Managing Director who visited Trinidad and Tobago to gauge its suitability to host the US Olympic swim team ahead of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
- Lessons From Legends: The Development of Simone Manuel, Coach Allison Beebe
- Guy Crashes Drone Off Canadian Coast, Freediving YouTuber Helps Him Find It
- How Ranomi Kromowidjojo Prepares Mentally for the Biggest Moments | Inside With Brett Hawke
- Meet Kyiv’s Polar Bear Swimmers
- Post-Olympic Depression | Calvyn Justus
- Eagle Ford is proud to sponsor Tatjana Schoenmaker, Olympic Swimmer
- How to Draft in Open Water Swimming | Kona Endurance
- International Olympic Committee Denies Reports That Tokyo Summer Games Will Be Canceled