Romanian high school swimmer Mihai Octavian Ciocan, 18, died late last night after a party with his friends, according to Objectiv Vocea Brailiei. The Farul Constana Swim Club member collapsed in front of his friends, and was pronounced dead on arrival at the local hospital.
Ciocan was a multiple national champion from Romania, and one of that country’s top Olympic hopefuls for the 2016 Rio Games in the 200, 400 and 1500 freestyle events, as well as on both 400-meter relays.
- ZEISS ZX1 Flow | Christina Jones
- Beloved swim coach in Chandler who died this summer will be honored by district
- Coyote News Swim Team
- Swimming lessons | Sports | Welcome back to University of Nottingham Swim School
- The Great Labour Ward Swim | Southampton Hospitals Charity
- Delaney Schnell – Top 3 dives | FINA World Championships
- 3 Things That Cured My Shoulder Pain | Swimming Injuries | Effortless Swimming
- FIRST LOOK: Stadium Swim at Circa hotel-casino to offer heated pool experience | KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas