A lawsuit filed Wednesday accuses an unidentified swim coach who worked at the YMCA in the late 1980s of sexually abusing two students.
The suit, filed in St. Louis County Circuit Court, says that the boys took lessons at the Mid-County branch of the St. Louis YMCA in Brentwood in 1986 or 1987, when both were 11 or 12 years old.
The boys were the only two students in a semi-private class, and the suit accuses the coach of showing the boys pornography, acting as a “big brother” figure and talking “graphically about sex” before progressing to sexual abuse.
The alleged victims are not identified in the suit other than as “John Does.”
- Etiene Medeiros 🆚 Katinka Hosszu at Windsor 2016 🏊♀️ 🏁 | FINA World Championships
- What its like to swim at the Brighton Baths
- Drone footage captures swimmers, sharks and salmon interacting at Australia’s Bondi Beach
- Representing Your Name // with Olympic Water Polo Player Maggie Steffens
- 🔥 Vladimir Morozov wins Gold in a dominant fashion at Istanbul 2012! 🔥 | FINA World Championships
- Heroes recognized for saving swimmer’s life at Roger Carter Community Center
- Boy pulled from swimming pool in critical condition
- How To Sprint Freestyle Faster | Front Crawl Swimming Speed Tips | Global Triathlon Network