London 2012 organizers point out open water swimming as one of the five Olympic venues most vulnerable to disruption by lone pranksters, organized protests or terrorists, and will therefore will rely on thousand of trained stewards lining the course, on top of thousands of Metropolitan Police and military directly involved in Olympic security. The stewards will stand around 25 yards apart on the edges of the race courses, facing the spectators to monitor the crowd for suspicious behavior, and there will even be high security surrounding the Serpentine several weeks before competition to prevent poisoning of the water. Read The Telegraph via GoSwim on Twitter.
- Are Pool Main Drains Dangerous? | Swimming Pool Steve
- ‘My Octopus Teacher’ Stuns Audiences, Reinforces Power of Nature
- Arati Saha: Who was the groundbreaking Indian swimmer and why is Google honoring her?
- Aquatic Day Celebration 2020 ● Uganda’s Olympic swimmers on the impact of swimming in their lives
- This woman can do some remarkable dance moves underwater | Your Morning
- 15,000 Calorie Great British Swim Challenge | Zac Perna ft Ross Edgley
- Swimmer Bitten on Head by Crocodile
- Simple, Easy Tips to Swimming Butterfly | U.S. Masters Swimming