Website Sigma Swim
Full-time élite coach position available in Denmark’s leading swim environment
About Sigma Swim:
We are proud to say that we are the raining champions of the Danish team championships, and the most winning club at the nationals in DK. Since the year 2000, we have won the championships 8 times. During the last 20 years, our swimmers have been represented at the Olympics no less than 5 times. We have also been represented at the European and World Championships numerous times during this period.
Sigma Swim is a élite swimming cooperation since 1998, joint by two swimming clubs, Sigma Swim Alleroed and Sigma Swim Birkeroed, both situated in the North of Zealand in Denmark (20 min from Copenhagen). The main focus of Sigma is our sporting venture for senior, junior and age group swimming.
Our vision is to be the leading culture in Danish élite swimming. Our dedication is towards qualifying swimmers to international championships and to reach top 3 of the Danish team championships. To achieve these goals we constantly work on improving the environment for the swimmers. It is our mission to maintain and develop the best motivational environment as possible for our swimmers, coaches, and other staff members.
Sigma Swim seeks an experienced head coach for the top team in Sigma Swim.
- Maintain and develop our high level in Danish swimming. We have a fantastic history of results in Danish swimming, hence you are expected to work with dedication and ambition to maintain and further develop our high level.
- Participate in international championships, if/when you are selected by the Federation as team coach.
- Participate in the work process of defining and implementing a renewed common thread and club policies on the teams.
- Cooperation with the assistant coaches on the team + the rest of the Sigma coaches.
- Relate to the individual swimmers on a personal basis at practice, at competitions, and through goal settings.
- Plan, organize and develop the team annual program. Plan, attend and direct team practices as scheduled.
- The swimmers are primarily aged between 15 and 24. The team is approx. 18 swimmers.
- Full-time employment – including monthly salary, holiday pay, pension and healthcare insurance.
- The ability to motivate and inspire swimmers to reach their full potential.
- Being a positive role model for swimmers, parents, colleagues and the national federation.
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills.
- Good cooperative skills
- Cooperative and respectful communication style with swimmers, parents, and co-workers.
- Strong background in competitive swimming, preferably as head coach and with documented education.
- Strong core values that include respect, trust, and integrity.
- Good English skills – written and oral.
We have passionate swimmers and a dedicated parents group willing and able to support the right coach. The right coach is passionate about developing the swimmers both in their swimming, personally and mentally.
How to apply:
If you want to be part of the strong Sigma team, please send us your application, including resumé ASAP.
The application deadline is September the 25th 2017. We expect the employment to start from January 1st, 2018.
If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact either:
Bo Jacobsen, consultant: bojacobsen67[at]gmail.com / mobile: (+45) 20711547
Mia Hyldahl, club manager: mia.hyldahl[at]sigmaswim.dk / mobile: (+45) 21444590
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com