Warning: These swimmers are trained athletes who are equipped and prepared for such harsh conditions. It can take years of training to be able to swim in freezing water, do not try this alone or without the proper coaching.
Open Water Chicago is a group of enthusiastic athletes who swim year-round in Lake Michigan. Steve, the founder of the group, started Open Water Chicago in 2007. Out of the hundreds who swim during the summer only a handful take to Chicago’s icy waters during the colder months when temperature regularly drops below 32 degrees.
Learn more about Open Water Chicago here – https://goo.gl/wCaH2g
- YMCA holds swim safety event
- Woman survives 10 hours in open water after cruise ship fall
- Blue-green algae can be deadly for dogs swimming in lakes | Your Morning
- Your sunscreen pollutes beaches, harms aquatic life
- Salinas’ swimming star Clark Kent gets honor from Philippine Consul General
- Swimmer Sajan Sets Record In Asian Games As Family Missing In Kerala Floods
- Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series 2018 – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Man who tried to save swimmers speaks out