The International Olympic Committee has set up a disciplinary commission to investigate the incident involving Ryan Lochte and three of his U.S. swimming teammates at a Rio de Janeiro gas station.
IOC spokesman Mark Adams told The Associated Press the panel was formed Friday to look into the behavior of Lochte, Gunnar Bentz, Jack Conger and Jimmy Feigen.
Adams had no other immediate details.
IOC disciplinary commissions have the power to issue sanctions, but it is an entity separate from the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Swimming and FINA, the international governing body for swimming.
- Windsor 2016 Highlight Video // Vidéo des meilleurs moments Windsor 2016
- Rio Moment: Own It – Lilly King
- Dolphin Kick Drill with Chloe Sutton
- ‘World’s bravest duck’ plays with tiger at Australian zoo
- Ex-Drury University swimmer says hazing ended athletic career
- Ryan Lochte’s Clean Start :60
- This desolate English path has killed more than 100 people
- Comeback Rio Moment – Anthony Ervin