You’d be forgiven for assuming that the hairdryers in male changing rooms were rarely used.
But it seems that men in swimming pool locker rooms are taking advantage of the facilities – and not just on their heads. Instead, in a bizarre new habit, they’re using communal hairdryers on their nether regions.
Now one Icelandic pool is hitting back. The problem has become so bad that staff were forced to ask men to stop using the dryers on their groins.
They’ve even created a poster, showing an elderly man hairdrying his testicles and with a large red X covering the image.
It was issued after local swimmer Haraldur Jónasson wrote a letter of complaint that was published in a local newspaper.
Titled “This is not a ball sack dryer” it read: “Don‘t dry your ball sack or your butt with the communal hairdryer in the swimming pool or the gym.
“Bald older gentlemen with hairy torsos must either bring their own blow-dryers or just buy a more absorbent towel.”
- Local marathon swimmer sets record for length of Lake George
- Calvyn Justus flying to Rome to film a swim shoot
- Ex-Olympic champ Manaudou swaps swimming pool for handball
- Swimmer attempts to swim across Monterey Bay
- MySwimPro Launches World’s First Swimming App for Apple Watch
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #2 Berlin
- Cadaqués – MARNATON SwimRun Cap de Creus
- Object of Intrigue: London’s Life-Saving, Publicly Accessible Enema Kits