You’d be forgiven for assuming that the hairdryers in male changing rooms were rarely used.
But it seems that men in swimming pool locker rooms are taking advantage of the facilities – and not just on their heads. Instead, in a bizarre new habit, they’re using communal hairdryers on their nether regions.
Now one Icelandic pool is hitting back. The problem has become so bad that staff were forced to ask men to stop using the dryers on their groins.
They’ve even created a poster, showing an elderly man hairdrying his testicles and with a large red X covering the image.
It was issued after local swimmer Haraldur Jónasson wrote a letter of complaint that was published in a local newspaper.
Titled “This is not a ball sack dryer” it read: “Don‘t dry your ball sack or your butt with the communal hairdryer in the swimming pool or the gym.
“Bald older gentlemen with hairy torsos must either bring their own blow-dryers or just buy a more absorbent towel.”
- Cape Town man aims to complete The Oceans Seven challenge
- Caeleb Dressel Named USA Swimming Athlete Of The Year After Winning 7 World Titles
- Jaguars fan belly-flops into a swimming pool full of mayonnaise
- USAS Gives Max Ritter Award to Adolph Kiefer
- Earth day importance by world’s best swimmer
- How to Swim Deep
- Olympian Allison Schmitt Talks Mental Health at the 2017 USAS Convention
- Sigma Gamma Rho Talks Diversity and Inclusion