Creating a unique and fun introduction to launch newcomers to swimming, USA Swimming has developed SwimJitsu – a new grow-the-sport program that combines swimming, inflatable obstacles and cannonballs.
SwimJitsu is an in-water obstacle course that includes a series of entry-level swimming skills stages and 10 entertaining tasks. Participants become “swimjas” (a combination of swimming and ninja) by using traits such as wisdom, speed and agility.
- Michael Phelps (USA) – Best Male Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Adam Peaty (GBR) – Male Top Olympic Performer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Sharon van Rouwendaal – Best Female Open Water Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Katinka Hosszu (HUN) – Best Female Swimmer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Katie Ledecky (USA) – Female Top Olympic Performer 2016 – FINA World Aquatics Gala
- Michael Phelps after receiving Lifetime Achievement Award | Windsor 2016
- Swimming participation in England falls by nearly 24%
- Project Sky Canvas plans shooting stars from space for Tokyo 2020