Michael Phelps laughed as his mind drifted back over years of agonizing training sessions, blowout arguments with coaches and shared jokes with friends.
He worked out at the Meadowbrook Aquatic Center in Mount Washington for perhaps the final time on Saturday morning as he prepares for a fifth Olympics this summer.
Phelps was in town for the Countdown to Gold Gala, a fundraiser for the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, where the record-setting Olympian has trained for most of his career.
“My family has had a long history with this club,” he said before the dinner. “For us, NBAC is always our home.”
- Windsor 2016 Highlight Video // Vidéo des meilleurs moments Windsor 2016
- Rio Moment: Own It – Lilly King
- Dolphin Kick Drill with Chloe Sutton
- ‘World’s bravest duck’ plays with tiger at Australian zoo
- Ex-Drury University swimmer says hazing ended athletic career
- Ryan Lochte’s Clean Start :60
- This desolate English path has killed more than 100 people
- Comeback Rio Moment – Anthony Ervin