Michael Phelps laughed as his mind drifted back over years of agonizing training sessions, blowout arguments with coaches and shared jokes with friends.
He worked out at the Meadowbrook Aquatic Center in Mount Washington for perhaps the final time on Saturday morning as he prepares for a fifth Olympics this summer.
Phelps was in town for the Countdown to Gold Gala, a fundraiser for the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, where the record-setting Olympian has trained for most of his career.
“My family has had a long history with this club,” he said before the dinner. “For us, NBAC is always our home.”
- Under Armour Signs Syrian Refugee, Olympian Yusra Mardini to Endorsement Deal
- California’s ban on bikes in swimming pools – and other strange laws on the books
- Kayaker saves life of lost iguana swimming four miles out to sea
- Papa Massata Diack ‘tried to lock African votes’ to take 2020 Olympics to Tokyo
- Russia accuses U.S. government of pushing for its Olympic exclusion
- Michael Phelps Is Busy After Swimming Career
- The dangers of swimming during the summer
- Vegas Strong with Las Vegas Synchronized Swimmers