Michael Phelps laughed as his mind drifted back over years of agonizing training sessions, blowout arguments with coaches and shared jokes with friends.
He worked out at the Meadowbrook Aquatic Center in Mount Washington for perhaps the final time on Saturday morning as he prepares for a fifth Olympics this summer.
Phelps was in town for the Countdown to Gold Gala, a fundraiser for the North Baltimore Aquatic Club, where the record-setting Olympian has trained for most of his career.
“My family has had a long history with this club,” he said before the dinner. “For us, NBAC is always our home.”
- LIVE | Day 2 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- ‘Average Andy’ with Michael Phelps
- The swim-proof Fitbit Flex 2 is a winner
- LIVE | Day 1 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #3 Moscow
- Why Sleep Is So Important When You’re Trying to Build Muscle
- Dolphin Jumps on to Surfer Jed Gradisen at Kalbarri
- Swim.com App Turns Apple Watch Series 2 Into Advanced Swim Workout Tracker