A senior at Seven Hills has qualified for the Olympic Trials.
Matthew Marquardt qualified swimming the 200 meter backstroke in 2.03. Matthew is a multi-sport athlete but has really concentrated on swimming lately. He helped lead his high school swim team to back-to-back state championships for the first time in school history. He also swims with the Sea Wolves club team. He practices eight times a week for two hours at a time.
“The way I see my story of swimming is that it’s one of kind of gradual progression. I wasn’t a super star right when I started swimming, but over time through hard work and commitment to the sport, I’ve really moved through the levels of the sport,” said Matthew.
- Comeback Rio Moment – Anthony Ervin
- Muslim parents must send children to mixed swimming lessons, European court rules
- GoPro Awards : Frozen Lake Free Dive
- The Most Underrated Sport
- Swimming Among Top-3 Sports to Help You Live Longer
- Swimmer died from broken neck after being hit by wave
- Unbounded by Gravity, This Free Diver Can Follow His Dream to Fly | Short Film Showcase
- 10 Life-Saving Facts Everyone Should Know