A senior at Seven Hills has qualified for the Olympic Trials.
Matthew Marquardt qualified swimming the 200 meter backstroke in 2.03. Matthew is a multi-sport athlete but has really concentrated on swimming lately. He helped lead his high school swim team to back-to-back state championships for the first time in school history. He also swims with the Sea Wolves club team. He practices eight times a week for two hours at a time.
“The way I see my story of swimming is that it’s one of kind of gradual progression. I wasn’t a super star right when I started swimming, but over time through hard work and commitment to the sport, I’ve really moved through the levels of the sport,” said Matthew.
- LIVE | Day 2 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- ‘Average Andy’ with Michael Phelps
- The swim-proof Fitbit Flex 2 is a winner
- LIVE | Day 1 – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #4 Beijing
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #3 Moscow
- Why Sleep Is So Important When You’re Trying to Build Muscle
- Dolphin Jumps on to Surfer Jed Gradisen at Kalbarri
- Swim.com App Turns Apple Watch Series 2 Into Advanced Swim Workout Tracker