A senior at Seven Hills has qualified for the Olympic Trials.
Matthew Marquardt qualified swimming the 200 meter backstroke in 2.03. Matthew is a multi-sport athlete but has really concentrated on swimming lately. He helped lead his high school swim team to back-to-back state championships for the first time in school history. He also swims with the Sea Wolves club team. He practices eight times a week for two hours at a time.
“The way I see my story of swimming is that it’s one of kind of gradual progression. I wasn’t a super star right when I started swimming, but over time through hard work and commitment to the sport, I’ve really moved through the levels of the sport,” said Matthew.
- Papa Massata Diack ‘tried to lock African votes’ to take 2020 Olympics to Tokyo
- Russia accuses U.S. government of pushing for its Olympic exclusion
- Michael Phelps Is Busy After Swimming Career
- The dangers of swimming during the summer
- Vegas Strong with Las Vegas Synchronized Swimmers
- Katie Ledecky Named Women’s Sports Foundation Individual Sportswoman of the Year
- Woman who’s toddler swam to safety believes swimming lessons saved her life – STV News report
- Australian Organic Awareness Month 2017 – Matt Welsh