Prince Harry meets swimmers preparing for the 2016 Invictus Games.
With 50 days to go to the start of the Invictus Games 2016 in Orlando, Prince Harry today joined wounded, injured and sick service personnel and veterans at Aldershot Sports Centre.
Prince Harry watched a speed training session in the pool, catching up with familiar faces from the 2014 Invictus Games as well as meeting new competitors who have all been spurred on by the inaugural games and are using sport as part of their recovery.
The UK team heading to Orlando in May will is being delivered by a partnership comprising The Ministry of Defence, Help for Heroes and the Royal British Legion. The Endeavour Fund has provided funding to support the UK Armed Forces team who will compete in Orlando and Jaguar Land Rover is sponsoring the UK team.
- Chad Le Clos Announced as Youth Olympic Ambassador for the Second Time
- Interview: Talking waterslides with the brain behind a record-breaking ride
- Rutgers Fires Swim Coach Amid Emotional Abuse Claims
- A Dutch nonprofit uses virtual reality to let disabled people ‘swim’ with dolphins
- Caeleb Dressel, Katie Ledecky Take Top Honors At USA Swimming’s Golden Goggles
- Freediver Ant Williams explains what it’s like to be crushed by water
- A close encounter of the Whale kind
- Holiday Gift Ideas – Swim Training Essentials