Two words went through Mark Hefley’s head in the moments after he leaned too far back and toppled off an 11th-floor Florida balcony Tuesday.
The first word was “Oh”; the second was an expletive that won’t be published in IndyStar.
“It just felt like it was a long way down,” Hefley, 38, told IndyStar on Friday. He’s back home in Greenwood now, nursing bruises and a bloody nose but thankful to be alive.
- Swimmer attempts to swim across Monterey Bay
- MySwimPro Launches World’s First Swimming App for Apple Watch
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #2 Berlin
- Cadaqués – MARNATON SwimRun Cap de Creus
- Object of Intrigue: London’s Life-Saving, Publicly Accessible Enema Kits
- Hackers leak fifth batch of stolen WADA data
- Highlights – FINA/airweave Swimming World Cup 2016 #1 Paris
- Olympics Terror Plot: 8 Charged For ISIS-Linked Plan To Attack Rio Games, Athletes