After complaints of hazing, sexual assault and drug use from a former team member prompted police and Title IX investigations into Western Kentucky University’s swimming and diving teams, the school on Tuesday announced a 5-year suspension of the program.
According to a news release from WKU, Title IX Coordinator Huda Melky found evidence of violations of the student code of conduct’s discrimination and harassment policy, as well as the sexual misconduct/assault policy.
School president Gary Ransdell said the program has a “culture of misconduct” that is “intolerable.” He called the suspension “both necessary and prudent.”
- The Swimmer
- Keeping kids safe beyond swim-season
- The Detroit Parks & Recreation Swim Team
- Team Singapore Hall of Fame Induction 2017
- W&L Quick Hits: The Men’s and Women’s ODAC-winning Swim Teams inaugurate the Natatorium
- A swim to forget scars of Syria war
- KL SEA Games Story: Open water swimmers win the day for Malaysia
- TDSB says C.W. Jefferys student who drowned had failed swim test