A “mystery pooper” has pooed in Invercargill’s Splash Palace swimming pool five Friday evenings in a row.
City council aquatic services manager Pete Thompson said the culprit’s acts had cost the pool “tens of thousands of dollars” in lost revenue.
The pool was closed for cleaning for about six hours each time faecal matter was found in the water.
“It generally happens after 5pm each Friday night,” Thompson said.
- Alligator Found In Atlantic City Motel Pool
- Swimmers want New Hope to rethink pool future
- Multiple sclerosis sufferer aims to be first to swim the English Channel
- Swiss hotel tells ‘Jewish guests’ to shower before swimming
- New details released in McKinley High School swim coach sexual abuse case
- #SwimBiz: Steve Raquel, Swim Inside the Lane Lines, Think Outside of It
- 94-year-old retired judge puts in swimming pool for neighborhood kids after wife’s death
- Lack of swimming skills, not rip currents, causing most New Jersey drownings