The World Anti-Doping Agency is mulling over appealing the 22-year-old′s secret ban to the Court for Arbitration for Sport.
If they take action, WADA may elect to penalize him under their new rules, which come into effect in 2015, and double the doping ban to four years, meaning he′ll miss the 2016 Rio Games.
A 2-year ban will also have the same effect.
- Under Armour Signs Syrian Refugee, Olympian Yusra Mardini to Endorsement Deal
- California’s ban on bikes in swimming pools – and other strange laws on the books
- Kayaker saves life of lost iguana swimming four miles out to sea
- Papa Massata Diack ‘tried to lock African votes’ to take 2020 Olympics to Tokyo
- Russia accuses U.S. government of pushing for its Olympic exclusion
- Michael Phelps Is Busy After Swimming Career
- The dangers of swimming during the summer
- Vegas Strong with Las Vegas Synchronized Swimmers