William Trubridge, world champion and double world record-holding freediver, is the world’s best free immersion diver, and also holds the record for the “constant weight without fins” discipline.
The 34-year-old attempted to dive 102m into a cavern off the Bahamas this morning.
Trubridge looked comfortable as he attempted the 102m dive today, reaching the marker at two minutes, but shortly before the surface, the diver grabbed a safety line and was helped to top by two divers.
When he emerged from the water his wife and coach Britta could be heard saying “breathe, breathe, breathe”, to him.
- Under Armour Signs Syrian Refugee, Olympian Yusra Mardini to Endorsement Deal
- California’s ban on bikes in swimming pools – and other strange laws on the books
- Kayaker saves life of lost iguana swimming four miles out to sea
- Papa Massata Diack ‘tried to lock African votes’ to take 2020 Olympics to Tokyo
- Russia accuses U.S. government of pushing for its Olympic exclusion
- Michael Phelps Is Busy After Swimming Career
- The dangers of swimming during the summer
- Vegas Strong with Las Vegas Synchronized Swimmers