William Trubridge, world champion and double world record-holding freediver, is the world’s best free immersion diver, and also holds the record for the “constant weight without fins” discipline.
The 34-year-old attempted to dive 102m into a cavern off the Bahamas this morning.
Trubridge looked comfortable as he attempted the 102m dive today, reaching the marker at two minutes, but shortly before the surface, the diver grabbed a safety line and was helped to top by two divers.
When he emerged from the water his wife and coach Britta could be heard saying “breathe, breathe, breathe”, to him.
- TDSB says C.W. Jefferys student who drowned had failed swim test
- Massachusetts Beaches Closed To Swimming Due To Dangerous Currents
- Alligator Found In Atlantic City Motel Pool
- Swimmers want New Hope to rethink pool future
- Multiple sclerosis sufferer aims to be first to swim the English Channel
- Swiss hotel tells ‘Jewish guests’ to shower before swimming
- New details released in McKinley High School swim coach sexual abuse case
- #SwimBiz: Steve Raquel, Swim Inside the Lane Lines, Think Outside of It