Shooting a music video in a swimming pool was an ambitious move for Nicola Madill, especially when she could barely swim a length, or breadth for that matter.
Nevertheless, the Dundee songstress plans to make filming history in Scotland.
In a collaboration with award-winning film makers Flyboy Creative, Nicola’s new video Mia will be shot entirely underwater depicting an extraordinary fantasy world.
Due to release before Christmas this year, the video follows a struggle between a mermaid and Mia, the mermaid queen.
Part of the video will be filmed in a swimming pool although the team are still scouting secret outdoor locations.
Production safety will be led by underwater cinematography expert Lindsay Brown, founder of Stray Seal.
So while Nicola is practicing her breast stroke before gearing up in mermaid regalia, she knows at least she’s in safe hands.
“I told the production team I was an average swimmer,” admits Nicola. “But the truth is I could barely swim the breadth of a pool so I’m now training every day.
- Twelve months on from toppling Phelps, Schooling vows to ‘re-take what is his’
- Ian Thorpe and boyfriend urge Australians to support same-sex marriage
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start