Shooting a music video in a swimming pool was an ambitious move for Nicola Madill, especially when she could barely swim a length, or breadth for that matter.
Nevertheless, the Dundee songstress plans to make filming history in Scotland.
In a collaboration with award-winning film makers Flyboy Creative, Nicola’s new video Mia will be shot entirely underwater depicting an extraordinary fantasy world.
Due to release before Christmas this year, the video follows a struggle between a mermaid and Mia, the mermaid queen.
Part of the video will be filmed in a swimming pool although the team are still scouting secret outdoor locations.
Production safety will be led by underwater cinematography expert Lindsay Brown, founder of Stray Seal.
So while Nicola is practicing her breast stroke before gearing up in mermaid regalia, she knows at least she’s in safe hands.
“I told the production team I was an average swimmer,” admits Nicola. “But the truth is I could barely swim the breadth of a pool so I’m now training every day.
- Michael Phelps Is Busy After Swimming Career
- The dangers of swimming during the summer
- Vegas Strong with Las Vegas Synchronized Swimmers
- Katie Ledecky Named Women’s Sports Foundation Individual Sportswoman of the Year
- Woman who’s toddler swam to safety believes swimming lessons saved her life – STV News report
- Australian Organic Awareness Month 2017 – Matt Welsh
- Texas Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving prepare for 2017-18 season opener
- Texas A&M Men’s Swimming | Habitat for Humanity