“This scene was described in the NYTimes article “Catching a Champion Swimmer on Film” by Karen Crouse goo.gl/P2P72
At the end of a long day shooting The 2012 Colorado High School State Championships in Fort Collins, Colorado, I was putting away gear in a small room off the pool deck when my partner Grant came came in. He was flushed with emotion and shaking his head. He couldn’t speak. Grant had lingered with Missy to watch her sign autographs and do a small press conference on the pool deck, then followed her back to the locker room.
When he finally did speak, he told me of the scene he had managed to grab. This scene is edited from that footage. Thanks to John Kuhrt of KUSA for his additional footage.
You can help make this film by supporting our Kickstarter campaign here – goo.gl/1vHTC“
- Celebrating learning to swim at Raines High School
- “Colin’s Hope” swim relay fundraiser hopes to prevent more drownings
- Watch as a ‘lifeguard drone’ rescues a swimmer struggling at sea
- Iraqi girls take up swimming in IS-free Mosul
- Man Endures Horrific Pain When Swimming Into A School Of Jellyfish | I Shouldn’t Be Alive
- Snorkeler Captures Stunning Footage Of A Humpback Whale Curiously Swimming Around Him
- Episcopal swimmer headed to Jr. Pan Pacific games in Fiji
- ZAC Foundation looks to avoid tragedy by teaching kids to swim