This week his name was linked to a police investigation after a pensioner’s scooter was ”borrowed”, resulting in Sullivan being reported by police for assault and disorderly behaviour.
But PS has heard of other stories involving the swimmer, such as an incident involving a golf buggy on Hamilton Island in August.
Sullivan was offered a lift on the already crowded buggy filled with revellers from a local bar returning to their resort. With six people crammed on the buggy, the passengers had to get out and push the vehicle after it failed to ascend a steep hill, though Sullivan initially refused to help.
What the swimmer didn’t realise was that on board was a crew of influential media executives, who were shocked when Sullivan became verbally abusive towards the female driver.
It was Sullivan who went on a self-imposed booze ban following a drunken night in Kings Cross that ended in a police investigation for taxi fare evasion.
- Women Who Travel Podcast: A Record-Setting Swimmer on Seeing the World by Water
- Big Dreams Start at Home – The Swimmer
- The Long Swim: Glowstick on Speedos
- Crocodile caught on camera using swim noodle to cross canal
- The Best Wild Swimming in Wales
- Man drowns in pool trying to teach himself to swim: Peel police
- Ill health forces Dutch Olympian Maarten van der Weijden to halt long-distance swim
- YMCA holds swim safety event