Online stock trading company GMO Click, big sponsor of the Japanese swimming federation, announced today that it will provide Japanese gold medal swimmers in London with $366,000 (30 million yen), silver medalists $36,100 and bronze medalists $12,000, relay prizes to be divided by the four relay swimmers. The Japanese Olympic Committee separately offers $36,100 for gold, $24,100 for silver and $12,000 for bronze. And, if Kosuke Kitajima manages the unprecedented third consecutive gold medal in the men’s 100 and 200 breaststroke events, he will earn an additional $1 million. Read SwimmingWorld Magazine.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help