At the Chinese Long Course Nationals today, Sun Yang put his foot down and cruised to a 14:42.30 in the men’s 1500 freestyle, easily the fastest in the world this year, and even more easily qualifying for the Olympics. Hao Yun placed second in 14:58.44, while the silver medalist from the Beijing 2008 Olympics Zhang Lin was reportedly 6th in 15:17.97. Sun Ye and Liu Xiaoyu were quickest in the women’s 100 breaststroke, clearing the FINA A cut in 1:07.30 and 1:07.88 respectively, while only Yin Fan managed this in the women’s 50 freestyle with a time of 25.24. In the women’s 200 backstroke, Yu Yaping and Bai Anqi were fastest in 2:09.71 and 2:10.05, under the FINA A cut, but let’s see, China has stated that this meet is not the final deciding point for the Olympic team, read more here on SwimmingWorld Magazine.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help