Five more names were added to Swimming Canada’s Olympic nomination list for a total of 11 after two days. Julia Wilkinson qualified with a 59.85 in the women’s 100 backstroke, Canadian record holder Sinead Russell qualifying in 2nd with a 1:00.45. David Sharpe clipped Zack Chetrat, 1:58.81 to 1:58.83, missing the FINA A standard of 1:56.86 but earning a provisional spot on the squad pending FINA’s B cut selection process that happens later this meet. Stephanie Horner did the same as Sharpe in the women’s 400 IM, edging teammate Island Swimming teammate Alexa Kormanycki 4:42.25 to 4:42.69. And Charles Francis in the men’s 100 backstroke with a 54.84, FINA A standard being 54.40 and FINA B standard 56.30. Via swimming.ca and SwimmingWorld Magazine, see all results from day 2 here on omegatiming.com.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help