According to SwimNews.com, Antwerp in Belgium has now withdrawn from hosting the European Championships (long course) in May this year. Belgian news site Sporza says here that the problem is budgetary, that they had a gap of 400,000 euros a month ago, and that they lost a key partner two weeks ago. Organizer Georges Straetemans was hopeful and had this Friday as an achievable deadline, but that LEN now apparently had no patience. A new venue is expected to be announced soon, Sporza mentions London.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help