One of SeaWorld’s most famous and controversial killer whales is ill, male orca Tilikum who killed veteran trainier Dawn Brancheau in February 2010. He has been allowed to participate in performances since the incident, mostly to splash audience members with his enormous tail, but no trainer has been allowed to swim in the water with him. Tilikum has a history of violent behavior, with a 20-year-old trainer dying while working with him in 1991, a 27-year-old homeless man dying from jumping into the pool with him in 1997, and then Brancheau being killed in 2010. Read Florida Today and My Fox Orlando.
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help
- Sports Guy does Synchronized Swimming
- Swimming centenarian! Meet Leo, Berlin’s 100 y/o swimming instructor
- Swimming safely in European waters
- Drunk woman bites man’s fishing line while swimming