According to gulfnews.com, Tunisian swimmer Oussama Mellouli was named the Super Star and Best Athlete of the 12th Arab Games Thursday, winning a cash prize of $75,000. Mellouli won the title in style, having claimed 13 gold medals in the different swimming races during the Games, and being one of the main reason that Tunesia overtook hosts Qatar for second place in medal standings. He qualified for the London Olympic Games, and won an additional $65,000 for winning the 13 gold medals, bringing his total purse to $140,000. How’s that for a guy that earlier this month almost pulled out of the Games because of a popped rib head.
- Malaysian swimmer Welson Sim sets new SEA Games record
- Swimming Men’s 50m butterfly | Games record | 29th SEA Games 2017
- Daniel & Gyurta Gergely: brothers to remember – 29th Summer Universiade 2017, Taipei, Chinese Taipei
- Denied a minute’s silence, Spanish swimmer stands for Barcelona
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help