FINA Bureau Member and President of the Portuguese Swimming Federation Paulo Frischknecht was on October 27 in Madrid, Spain to meet José Mourinho, coach of local football club Real Madrid, who will be the Ambassador of the “FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier” in Mourinho’s hometown of Setubal, Portugal. The event that will complete the list of 25 men and 25 women eligible to compete at the 10K Marathon open water swimming races at the London 2012 Olympic Games. According to FINA, Mourinho promised to be present in “at least one of the two days of the qualifying event” and showed also interest in “following the main aquatic events during the Games time.” And got an official T-shirt.
- Congratulations on the Gold, Team Singapore synchronised swimmers!
- Summer 2017 Splash Magazine: Olivia Smoliga’s Tips for a Great Start
- China snubs ‘Little Olympics’ opening ceremony in Taiwan
- Woman stuck in swimming pool turns to Facebook for help
- Sports Guy does Synchronized Swimming
- Swimming centenarian! Meet Leo, Berlin’s 100 y/o swimming instructor
- Swimming safely in European waters
- Drunk woman bites man’s fishing line while swimming