Technical director for Spanish swimming, Luis Villanueva, told reporters this week that Mireia Belmonte has Phelpsian qualities. “She is a swimmer with a beastly talent, there are very few like her.” She answered by bagging two titles on the first day of the Spanish Open in Madrid, clocking a Spanish record 2:06.25 in the 200 butterfly, and wiping 15 seconds off her best 800 freestyle time with 8:27.88. Read more here on SwimNews.com.
- Kyle Chalmers (AUS) withdraws from Budapest 2017 World Championships
- Swim classes to help kids learn how to be around water
- Swim Instructor Accused Of Molesting Girls Testifies In His Own Defense
- Olympic gold medallist Inge de Bruijn strips naked as she tries to find a boyfriend on reality TV show
- Would you dare to swim in the dark?
- Sea lion drags girl into Steveston waters
- The Danger of Wearing Swim Trunks That Are Too Big
- Olympic Champion Emily Seebohm at age 14 | Before They Were Superstars