Germany’s Daniela Samulski set a new world record in the first semifinal of the 50 backstroke, with a time of 27.39, before Anastasia Zueva bettered this in the second semifinal, with a time of 27.38. The old world record was 27.61. Michael Phelps demolished his own 200 butterfly world record, with a time of 1:51.51, where his world record from Beijing was 1:52.03. First man under 1:52, wearing only Speedo LZR leggings. Local favourite Federica Pellegrini bettered her own world record in the 200 freestyle, with a time of 1:52.98, where her world record was 1:53.67. South Africa’s Cameron van der Burgh bettered his own 50 breaststroke world record from the semifinal on day 3, from 26.74 to 26.67. And China’s Lin Zhang erased the epic 800 freestyle world record of Grant Hackett, with a time of 7:32.12, where Hackett’s world record from 2005 was 7:38.65.
- Kyle Chalmers (AUS) withdraws from Budapest 2017 World Championships
- Swim classes to help kids learn how to be around water
- Swim Instructor Accused Of Molesting Girls Testifies In His Own Defense
- Olympic gold medallist Inge de Bruijn strips naked as she tries to find a boyfriend on reality TV show
- Would you dare to swim in the dark?
- Sea lion drags girl into Steveston waters
- The Danger of Wearing Swim Trunks That Are Too Big
- Olympic Champion Emily Seebohm at age 14 | Before They Were Superstars